September – May | School Year Program
Tumble 84 is dedicated to the development of the youth athlete. Our goal is to encourage, challenge and motivate each student to their potential and create a safe family environment that is fun; using a common sense progressive approach endeavoring to develop and improve skills as well as maintain and establish the fitness of the athlete.
Tumbling / gymnastics is a great activity which helps improve physical fitness, as well as helps children learn life skills such as goal setting, overcoming fear, and it increases a child’s self esteem in a healthy and safe environment. Like physical fitness and good health, gymnastics is a yearly program. Our program follows the traditional school year, September – May.
If you do not see the class listed on the registration site as an option that means that particular class is full. If you would like to be put on a “waiting” list for that class, please email or call our office.
Our program is under the direction of Coach Carl Cody. Coach Carl is a certified coach with over 20 years coaching experience in tumbling/gymnastics.
Tiny Tumblers (Ages 3-5 Years Old)
An activity designed for the introductory familiarization of being in the gym. We are committed to the development of young tumblers physical skills with a nurturing environment to promote proper development with the reassuring assistance of a loved one near by, but independent or semi-independent. This class will improve on your child’s confidence, strength, coordination, listening skills and interaction with coaches and other students. Basic skills will be introduced.
*Participants must be potty trained and 3 years old before their first class*
- Monday 4:00 PM – 4:45 PM
- Tuesday 4:00 PM – 4:45 PM
- Wednesday 4:00 PM – 4:45 PM
- Saturday 9:15 AM – 10:00 AM
Beginner tumblers learn the “early abilities”. At this stage, the gymnast demonstrates basic skills, body positions and basic techniques, while improving their listening skills and ability to take turns and follow directions. Beginners will work on forward and backward rolls, cartwheels, handstands, bridge, strength, conditioning and flexibility.
- Monday 5:00 PM – 6:00 PM
- Tuesday 6:15 PM – 7:15 PM
- Wednesday 6:15 PM – 7:15 PM
- Thursday 4:00 PM – 5:00 PM
- Saturday 10:15 AM – 11:15 AM
For the established skilled gymnast. Increased focus on developing core skills to become more challenging. The athletes refine and improve their skills with varying levels of difficulty. Includes more muscle development, improving their capabilities progressively to continue to achieve additional skills. Skill progressions include handstand hold, backward roll, backbend to bridge, kickover from bridge, split jumps and roundoffs.
Requirements for this class:
• Step In Step Out of a Handstand
• Forward Roll
• Bridge Hold
• Clean Cartwheel
- Monday 6:15 PM – 7:15 PM
- Tuesday 5:00 PM – 6:00 PM
- Wednesday 5:00 PM – 6:00 PM
- Thursday 5:00 PM – 6:00 PM
- Saturday 11:30 AM – 12:30 PM
Challenging and progressive training to attain the required skills and be proficient in them. Skill progressions include 3 second handstand, split jumps, handstand forward roll, split leaps, front and back handsprings.
Requirements for this class:
• 1 Second Handstand
• Backwards Roll
• Split Jump (60 degree leg separation)
• Backbend to Bridge and/or Kickover from Bridge
• Heel Snap Turn (90 degrees)
- Monday 7:30 PM – 8:30 PM
- Wednesday 7:30 PM – 8:30 PM
- Thursday 6:00 PM – 7:00 PM
- Friday 4:30 PM – 5:30 PM
Requirements are compulsory and are the first competitive skills a gymnast will compete at a gymnastics meet. We have incorporated these skills in case any gymnasts choose to go competitive and to train cheerleading tumbling requirements. Skill progressions include front and back walkovers, back extension roll, tucks, layouts and aerials.
Requirements for this class:
• 3 Second Handstand
• Split Jump (90 degree leg separation)
• Handstand Forward Roll
• Split Leap (90 degree split)
• Backward Roll into push up position
• Front Handspring
• Back Handspring
- Tuesday 7:30 PM – 8:30 PM
- Wednesday 8:30 PM – 9:30 PM
- Thursday 7:00 PM – 8:00 PM
- Friday 5:45 PM – 6:45 PM
Elite Advanced Gymnastics / Tumbling (1.5-hour long class)
Prior experience is required for this 1.5-hour long class. Intended to develop and maintain gymnastics skills in the advanced tumbler. Focus is on progressive skill development. Skills progressions include the standing back tuck, front tuck, aeriels, lay-outs, and twisting.
Prerequisites include front and back walkovers, front and back handsprings and round-off back-handspring back tuck. Skills must be performed without a spot – no exceptions.
- Thursday 8:00 PM – 9:30 PM
* In order to register for this class, the student must be evaluated by Coach Carl prior to the first day of class or at the beginning of the first class. All decisions of the coach are final. If the student does not have the skills required, the coach will recommend a better fitting class.
- Tiny Tumblers: $60.00 per month
- Level One – Level Four: $65.00 per month
- Elite Advanced: $85.00 per month
- Tuition is due on the 1st of each month.
- Registration is completed through our online registration system. In order for your registration to be completed, you will be sent an online invoice to pay your one time $35.00 annual registration fee, and your first month tuition fee. We have limited spots per class, once you receive that online invoice please pay it promptly to avoid losing your spot.
- You may also pay in full by check for the entire school year session, and your registration fee will be waived.
- A $10.00 discount per month is available to families with multiple children enrolled in classes.
- We also offer discounts if your child chooses to take more than one class per week.
- There is an annual registration fee of $35.00, which is due upon enrollment of the child each year.
- This fee is non-refundable if the child decides to withdraw from the class.
Withdrawals / Refunds
- Although we encourage your child to commit to the entire school year session, we understand certain circumstances arise that it is simply impossible to continue with the program.
- A 30-day written notice is required if you wish to withdraw your child from a class.
- If your child misses a class we do not offer a credit for that missed class. However, your child may attend another class (given there is available open spots) during that week or the following week to make up the class missed.
What to Wear
We get a lot of questions on what your child should wear. We recommend comfortable athletic clothing. If your little one wants to wear a leotard that is great and we cannot wait to see them in it, however it is not mandatory at our gym. The coaches do discourage the wearing of just sports bras. If a sports bra is going to be worn, please have a tank top or t-shirt over it. Please also ensure their hair is tied back and out of the way.