2017 Pre-Season Team Camps
The information on this page is designed to help answer any questions you may have prior to arriving at camp. Should you have further questions, please contact our Erie Premier Staff.
The deadline for registration is May 15, 2017. All payments and paperwork must be submitted prior to this date.
Please make sure you have followed the registration steps outlined on the Team Camp Registration page.
As a coach or team contact, you will forward all registration links and forms to the players invited to camp. Our staff will periodically update you on the status of registered players and submitted forms via a team camp worksheet.
The worksheet will also outline all aspects of your camp details.
- Team contact info
- Dates and check-in time
- Custom camp add-ons
- Payment summary
- Roster, payments, shirt sizes, and camp forms
- Adult coaches or chaperones attending
- Housing, player room assignments, and adult room assignments
Team Coach / Chaperones
- We require each team to have a minimum of one adult on campus as the Team Coach / Chaperone for the duration of the camp.
- Coaches / Chaperones must be 18 years old. It is not recommended that a former player only 1-2 years removed from High School is only adult with the team.
- Coaches / Chaperones will be responsible for the overall discipline of the team, making sure the team attends all activities at the scheduled time, and coordinates any team needs with EPS staff.
- One adult is free of charge for each team.
- up to 20 players = 1 adult free
- 21-35 players = 2 adults free
- 36+ players = 3 adults free
- Additional adults will be charged a fee of $100 for housing and meals.
Facility – Edinboro University
Erie Premier Sports is proud to host camps at Edinboro University of Pennsylvania. Fields include 20 outdoor grass soccer fields and a synthetic turf stadium field.
150 South Perry Lane
Edinboro, Pennsylvania 16444
The main dormitories is the $115 million suite style dorms called “The Highlands” at Edinboro University. These dorms offer clean rooms and bathrooms inside each dorm suite. Click here for pictures, videos, floor plans and more on The Highlands.
- Dorm rooms assigned to our camps are typically 4-persons per suite. Some rooms may be 2-persons per suite.
- Adults are typically assigned 2-persons per suite, with separate rooms within the suite.
- Each player & adult will receive an entry/meal key card, which is required to gain access to the assigned building.
- Each player & adult will receive a room key for their specific dorm room.
- Bed sizes are either twin or full. Typically the dorm assignments with exact bed sizes are finalized 1-week prior to arrival. We suggest all players prepare to bring full-size bedding. It can always be folded under to accommodate a twin-size bed.
Dorm Items to Bring
- All bedding items – sheets, blankets, pillows, pillow cases, sleeping bag, etc.
- All toiletry items – soap, shampoo, toothbrush, toothpaste, towels, sandals, etc.
- Cooler or mini “dorm” fridge – unlike a hotel, ice is not available on dorm floors.
- Medications – must be kept with the player or team contact. Trainers will not be able to store medications.
All meals are served through Edinboro University’s Van Houten cafeteria, which provides full-service dining during our camps.
- Each player & adult will receive an entry/meal key card, which is required to gain access to the cafeteria.
- Meal times are typically as follows. They may be adjusted for specific camp weeks, or by Edinboro as needed.
- Breakfast 7:00am – 8:30am, Lunch 11:30am – 1:00pm, Dinner 4:30pm – 6:00pm
- Allergens disclaimer from Edinboro’s food service department – Nutritional Information Disclaimer: Be aware that we handle and prepare egg, milk, wheat, shellfish, fish, soy, peanut and tree nut products, and other potential allergens in the food production areas of our facility. We attempt to provide nutrition and ingredient information that is as complete as possible. Products may change without our knowledge and menu items are prepared in close proximity to other ingredients that may result in cross-contact with ingredients not listed, including allergens. Guests with food allergies or specific dietary concerns should speak with a manager for individualized assistance.
- If a player has specific allergic concerns, it’s recommended they speak to a manager at the cafeteria prior to their first meal. If the player is uncomfortable approaching a manager on their own, one of our staff can assist.
- Outside food – Players are permitted to order delivery from local restaurants for their dorm rooms. This must be delivered prior to lights out.
- The Edinboro University lost key fee is $75.00 per key.
- A team key deposit of $225.00 (equal to 3 keys) is required at check-in. The deposit may be cash or check.
- The deposit will be returned at check-out, minus any lost key fees.
Check-In / Check-Out
- Check-in ranges between 9:00am – 3:00pm, and is selected by the team contact. Each team selects a 1-hour time slot based on their needs (ie: travel time to Edinboro). Teams check-in at the first floor lobby of their assigned dormitory.
- Please make sure your desired check-in time is communicated with our staff and accurate on your team camp worksheet.
- Check-out is 12:00pm on the last day of camp. Camp activities typically end around 11:00/11:30am, giving players time to clean their rooms prior to check-out.
Players should be prepared for a physically demanding “week” of camp. The schedule features morning fitness sessions, 1-2 practice sessions per day, and 1 game per day. It is important that players come into camp physically ready, as they would for their team pre-season. Please communicate this with your team in the months prior to camp.
All players receive an Erie Premier Sports camp shirt, which is worn during camp games.
Soccer items to bring.
- Soccer balls (one for every player) – can bring as a team, or instruct each player to bring their own
- Cones and pinnies for training – at least two colors of each is recommended
- Small medical kit – basic items that you as a coach can distribute is always helpful. We do have trainers on site with full supplies.
Custom Add-on Activities
In order to make your camp a unique and custom camp experience for the team, we offer add-on activities. Optional features will incur additional costs, and may require adjustments to the standard camp schedule. These include…
- Additional field training session
- Additional team building session
- Afternoon trip to beaches of Presque Isle State Park for a sand soccer session or just fun and team bonding in the sun
- Night visit to Splash Lagoon Indoor Water Park
- Or other custom activities
Erie Premier Sports provides medical trainers during training sessions and games.
- Trainers are typically available 30-minutes prior to and after these sessions. They are not available during meal times.
- Should any of your players require additional attention, please make sure you communicate it with the trainers during sessions.
- Edinboro University’s fields are spread throughout campus, and trainers will have golf carts to help cover all fields in a timely manner.
Typically players have some free time in the evenings after their last soccer activity. The Edinboro University pool is normally available for open swim from 8:00pm – 10:00pm each evening. The team schedule will note which days the pool is open during your camp. Edinboro University provides certified life guards during open swim.